Saturday, July 30, 2011

Homeward Bound

Well, folks, this is it.

I'm writing you from Seoul Incheon International Airport on a laptop that's much too small for my giant hands, overlooking the terrible weather that's hammering the runway at the moment, and yet, despite all that, still a little over an hour away from boarding my plane home.

It's been a wonderful month here; while I wish I could say I met a whole bunch of Korean students who made this such a worthwhile experience, I guess I'll just have to settle for meeting some great people from 'SC and enjoying their company (and all the antics that came with it) for the last month.  Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

My Korean has, if my ailing grandfather is to be believed, improved considerably.  To that I say 다행이아 (dahengida--thank God).  Although I still have a long way to go before I'm fluent--maybe even another 8 years or so--it's a small victory for me.

I've certainly enjoyed seeing the sights, sampling the tastes, and living the culture for the last month, and I've certainly enjoyed writing about it.  So for those of you who stuck around to the end, I hope you enjoyed reading.  Thanks for sticking around.

But for now, I say 내일 봐 (neh-il bwa)...I have a plane to catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment